There are several methods for metal fabrication. These generally depend upon the desired end result and also on the composition of the materials used in the fabrication process. Metals which are used in the process need to have a tensile strength and should have better conductivity, hardness and resistance compared to other materials.
There are various techniques which are employed during the process. These include cutting, welding and bending. With the help of fabrication a variety of products are manufactured. These include appliance, toys and large structures like furnaces and even heavy machinery.
The following are some of the metals which are used commonly during fabrication:
- One of the most common metal used for fabrication is iron. It is found in abundance on earth and has a heavy mass which allows it to be used for a variety of purposes. It is also essential for the production of steel which I an alloy of iron. Steel is known for its tensile strength and sturdiness. It is used to design a number of appliances.
- Steel is the next most commonly used materials for fabrication, it is an alloy made from combining iron and steel. It also comprises of limestone, coal and other materials. It is sued to design everything starting from basic home appliance to the more complicated weaponry etc.
- Carbon steel is fabricated based on the number of its hardness level. The amount of carbon sued determines the hardness of carbon steel. While increasing the carbon in the steel might increase the sturdiness it greatly comprises the malleability and ductility of the alloy.
- Stainless steel comprises of steel, carbon, aluminum and chromium plus other metals to form a sturdy alloy which can be fabricated in a number of ways. It is used to design surgical instruments, coking appliances, other metal alloys and collectibles.
- Copper conducts electricity. It is quite tough and ductile and is completely resistant to weathering and corrosion.
- Bronze is an alloy of copper and it is a great deal sturdier and heavier then copper. It is heavier then steel and used for the manufacture of coins, weapons and turbines.
- Aluminum is a lightweight alloy and is known for its conductivity and versatility. It’s used for making low temperature appliances like refrigerators and air coolants. Air plane bodies re also designed from aluminum due to it being lightweight.
The fabrication process is regulated by federal standards and is useful for a number of industries which include health care, aeronautical science and automobile designs. Fabricated metals are cut with precision and are then bent and assembled according to the exact requirements of the client.
For every structure there is a specific fabrication process. it should be kept in mind that the right metal should be sued during the fabrication to get the exact specifications made by the client. If you are looking for a fabrication services make sure you choose metal fabrication from Rose Valley Steel Works. They are known for their cutting edge technology and state of the art designs.